2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello and fit like?
thought i'd better say hi as i've been checking this site for a while now and felt a bit like a peeping tom:oops:
I am looking to buy a civic in the next few weeks so this forum is brilliant for answering many questions. So here's one; I'm replacing a 10 year old civic coupe(non vtec), and fancy the type s gt in bronze but which engine 1.8 or 2.2? I do about 10,000miles per year but never driven a turbo diesel. I worked out I might be only about £200 better off per year with a diesel so nothing in it really.
Thanks in advance if anyone can be bothered or cares to answer!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Have you driven both the 1,8 and 2,2?

If no - do it.
If yes - which do you prefer?

Petrol and diesel are different.

One upside with the diesel is that there is a possibility of a remap upto 190bhp.

Did you factor in the more expensive servicing on the diesel?

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must admit I haven't had a test drive of either yet!
All my nearest dealers have only 1.8 type s's in bronze so just wondered if theres not much difference if it's worth waiting,searching or choosing a different colour?

Or even buy brand new!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I must admit I haven't had a test drive of either yet!
All my nearest dealers have only 1.8 type s's in bronze so just wondered if theres not much difference if it's worth waiting,searching or choosing a different colour?

Or even buy brand new!
You should really drive both in order to make up your mind.
If they don´t have a 2.2 Type S, try a 2.2 5 door at least.

·
More gadgets than Bond!
176 Posts
I recently got the diesel and it's great! Very quick acceleration when you need it and one of the best if not the best diesel engine out there.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the reply's. In the end I only test drove the petrol but it impressed me that much I had to have it! It's a fantastic drive.
Not a gt spec but such a great price I couldn't resist (one year old btw).
Only down side is a few stonechips, some minor scratches and a small chip in the boot spoiler.
I'm sure with all the advice on here I'll have it looking like brand new in no time, Cheers.:D

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Great news!

And of course this is the best place for advice on dealing with stone chips and so on.:D

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
welcome , the 2.2 is a great engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts