2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Good site here, im looking at possibility of getting a 2.2 i-CTDI EX sometime soon.

Problem is i currently drive a Impreza STi PPP, and am wondering whether i can cope with the drop in performance :confused: i can certainly improve on the 20mpg and insurance too but i dont want to sell up and move to diesel and regret it soon after.

I know a remap can make a difference and have read plenty on here about the different ones but was wondering what other mods i could go into without making the leap to diesel power too much?

I know the I/C is small and restrictive but has no more room to upgrade, i also have read the injectors make out about 200bhp? Has anyone pushed the boat out as far as mods on the 2.2 i-ctdi go?

thanks

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you'll find all the information here you'll ever need!:D

If you don't want a drop in performance with a diesel, why not look at a CTR?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need 5 doors :(

Also to justify changing cars i want a big increase in mpg and cheaper insurance & tax

Dont like the Accord as IMO looks too much of a rep mobile, have looked at BMW's, Audi's and also the Seat Leon FR diesel but i cant find anything that has such nice interior of civic and also the looks.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Yes, the Civic has a great interior and does look good. If you could afford the Accord though, it is worth a look. Its a very capable car and better built than the Civic.

·
Mondeo Mann is here!!
1,333 Posts
I know a remap can make a difference and have read plenty on here about the different ones but was wondering what other mods i could go into without making the leap to diesel power too much?

I know the I/C is small and restrictive but has no more room to upgrade, i also have read the injectors make out about 200bhp? Has anyone pushed the boat out as far as mods on the 2.2 i-ctdi go?

thanks
Quite a few of us on here have the Pipercross panel filter and a few others have re-maps. Think someone with the Celtic tuning remap has had it dynoed at 192bhp and he still gets pretty much normal mpg unless his lead foot comes into play lol. Not much has been developed for the i-cdti yet with regards to exhaust/cone air filters, main just been the petrol ones that can have the most mods at the moment

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quite a few of us on here have the Pipercross panel filter and a few others have re-maps. Think someone with the Celtic tuning remap has had it dynoed at 192bhp and he still gets pretty much normal mpg unless his lead foot comes into play lol. Not much has been developed for the i-cdti yet with regards to exhaust/cone air filters, main just been the petrol ones that can have the most mods at the moment
thanks for info

That would probably be the path i went for, filter and remap done at same time.

With those mods what kind of performance do you get? particularly interested in 30-70 comparison

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Welcome :D

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
welcome to the madness

1 - 9 of 9 Posts