2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Joined the site as Honda newbie as I've just discovered this site after looking for a used 1.8 EX for a few weeks. Everytime I find one, there's another tale to tell!

Some of you love your Civics, some have a lot to say that isn't good - what do I do - do I pursue my dream??

My local dealer has a lovely ES for sale - shall I take the plunge or wait for what i really want?? Is an EX really that much better:confused:

Any thoughts welcolme please.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

Had my 1.8 ES about a month now. Very pleased as I was with our other Honda's over the past years. Still have one Type S, did have two, and a three door Sport from the last Civic range. Terrific cars.

Mike.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

If the ES is an 07 model then you should be o.k

also bare in mind that there are over 125,000 New civic owners
of which only 3000 + members and even then a small proportion of them have problems

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome to the forum:D

I have a Sport so I cant really comment!

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
To be honest there isn't much of a difference between EX and ES, depends how badly you want the NAV and HFT. I've no regrets about paying extra for the EX but it all depends on what's right for you.

Welcome to the forum :)

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Hello, must agree with CZ all depends on what you want and the right deal am happy with my EX.:???:

·
Rusty Nut!
614 Posts
Welcome Honda Newbie :D
I was going to go for the ES with leather but the price difference between that and the EX (with leather) was only about £1200 so I went for the EX but not for the sat nav or the HFT but for me it was the HID lights and the 17" alloys both of which I currently have on my car and were things I really wanted in a new car that the ES didnt have.

Personally I think if they have a nice ES with no problems and you like it and can afford it get that and a decent sat nav that does the handfree phone. You could be waiting ages for a 2nd hand EX and it might not be as good condition or have more milage or be the wrong colour and you'll always be thinking of the ES you let go!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts