2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am evaluating the purchase of a 9th Civic 1.6 i-DTEC 120hp. I currently own a 8th Civic 2.2 i-CTDi 140hp. I have several questions that I hope you can work out.
how about this new engine?
someone has risen from 8th-9th 140hp-120hp to? noticeable change much?
average consumption?
autonomy with a fuel tank?
what else you can tell me about this engine?
sorry for my English and thank you very much for your answers
regards

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I can help somewhat having just purchased one myself... I traded in my FN2 so i was expecting a massive underwelming diesel engine goin from 200 to 120 however i am pleasantly suprised, the engine seems great and it doesn't lack a bit of umph when you want it in my opinion!

I have only owned it a week but i am well happy with it so far, my average mpg has been mid 50s on my daily grind to work

Hope this helps you, sure be other people along to share their views too

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Went from type s gt 2.2 to. 1.6 dtec, never regretted, seemed to have the same power, kept on delivering, great overtaking even in high gear, brilliant economy, far better finish and refinement, was glad to have made the change

Edit, was returning mid 60's regularly, managed into the 80's on some runs, phenomenal mpg

Reactions: Farqui

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,168 Posts
Went from type s gt 2.2 to. 1.6 dtec, never regretted, seemed to have the same power, kept on delivering, great overtaking even in high gear, brilliant economy, far better finish and refinement, was glad to have made the change

Edit, was returning mid 60's regularly, managed into the 80's on some runs, phenomenal mpg
That is really good to hear.

I collect my new 15 plate 1.6 I-DTEC SE+ Tourer on Thursday, and I am going from a 1.4 I-VTEC petrol, so there should be a huge torque increase for me. 3 more sleeps till Christmas!

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
That is really good to hear.

I collect my new 15 plate 1.6 I-DTEC SE+ Tourer on Thursday, and I am going from a 1.4 I-VTEC petrol, so there should be a huge torque increase for me. 3 more sleeps till Christmas!
Enjoy, have to say the 9g grew on me the more I drove it, liking the tourer now also

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
How many miles for fuel tank?
Thanks
I was regularly returning over 500 miles, I think I got close to 700 on one run but cant find the thread, it listed mpg, tank average etc, I have searched but cannot locate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts