2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I'm currently in the process of running an amp power cable to the boot(in theory), Problem is i've hit my 1st obstacle, how do i remove the air filter box? i need to get behind it to get the cable through but i cant seem to get it out,
Any help much appreciated,
Thanks

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
Ive just installed my HKS RSK and had to remove the air box. There is one 10mm bolt that need "undoing" then the box its self is held down by some plastic/rubber type of fixings. All you need to do is give it a "good tug" once the bolt is undone and it should come out.

Baring in mind you have to disconnect the breather and suction pipe first....Just to let you know that was in a Type R - not sure what model you have? (just noticed your name, erm im not too sure if its the same with the diesel? Im pretty sure it wouldnt be much different though?)

Oh...one more thing. If you need to disconnect the air flow sensor id say disconnect the negative terminal of the battery first. The sensor has two phillips screws holding it inplace, and the breather and suction pipes have jubilee clips holding them....again phillips head will suffice.

Any problems let me know...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Thanks,
its an 06 2.2 cdti, i've removed the 10mm bolt at the front and the pipes, battery was out so no problem there,
i just noticed it looks as though there is a philips screw to the left of the box, rather rusted though and hard to make out, i guess i'd better try to get that out,

so much for this being a 30 minute job, :mad:

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
Tell me about it....it took me 3 - 4 hours to fit my new intake...although to say im not technically minded with cars is an understatement. I had never done anything like this...ever!!! So was being really careful etc, etc. But yeah i found there was some resistance from the two back corners of the air box. But a good tug and it just came off, thus leaving the plastic and rubber "things" still in the engine bay. Not sure if your air box is the same? But i only had the one 10mm bolt to un do. There was no other screw...just those "thingys" that just needed a bit of pulling force.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts