2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year to everyone, I replaced a front caliper this morning on my FN2 type r, after I bled the brakes the brake pedal was firm, after starting the car the pedal goes soft and goes to the floor and I have no brakes, I've bled the brakes 4 times today and the same thing happens. Anyone know what could be causing this?

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Sounds like u have a nice big air bubble somewhere. Ide go with what scara has put, u need to do at least 3 cycles of all 4 calipers to make sure every tiny air bubble is out.

Essentially if u have no leaks, then there is no reason other than air in the system that would cause complete loss of brake pressure. Did u loose much fluid during your calliper change??

Don't forget when u do cycle to bleed the lines, start at the furthest from the resovoure. So back left then right, front left then right. Make sure u have at least a litre of fluid ready so u can do a full flush on each line. Also make sure u have a friend pump the brake pedal whilst u check the fluid coming out each caliper for air, AND make sure u tighten back up the bleed nipple when your friend has his foot right down. That way to equalise, your brake distributor piston must draw fresh fluid from the resovoure.

Plus make sure your resovoure doesn't run dry whilst your bleeding, otherwise u will have to start all over again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
if its pumping solid without the servo it does sound like its just a bit of air somewhere bleed the back first to get rid of any air then the 2 front should bleed up nice and easy

are you just bleeding by pumping and releaseing the bleed nipple or do you have a bleed pump or 1 way valve?
also something to considor is are all the sliders free on the front calipers allowing the calipers to slide and keep the pads against the discs
is it a new caliper or used 1 ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive been using a one way valve but also closing the nipple every time the pedal is down.
Think I'm going to have to try and bleed all the brakes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I lost a little amount of fluid from the brake pipe just below where I clamped it and all the fluid from the caliper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts