2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i need to know the location where to put the power wire through on usa youtube vids i see them putting it just past the fuse box but uk say steering colum.
Anyone have any experience did you route through the area past fuse box?

Also will it be ok if i dont connect the door speakers as i cant be bothered for the extra work.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I assume you are installing an multi channel amp?
If you don't connect the door speakers they will be powered by the headunit (most are quite weak power wise).

For the power wire, it depends on the size of wiring you are using. I know a few people who have routed the power cable through the fender to the battery rather than through the bulkhead. If you do want to stick it through the bulkhead, i'd drill a new hole (make sure you use a correct size grommet and look where you are drilling) as its just easier as most thick wiring wont penetrate the existing grommet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you through the fender sounds awesome as it's always a mess/dread in the hard to get to areas and drilling for me anyways. Less risk of damage and fidgeting. Hopefully I find it in the route in mine and I think I will leave the headunit to power the speakers as I'm going to upgrade my HU later and I had some decent clarity and bass levels from just headunits so that will be great thanks for reply now not as dreaded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts