2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving on motorway when there was a sudden very large bang! Car drives like normal but makes a horrific broken old banger noise when accelerating, think its either manifold or exhaust! I have a tegi mani and martelius exhaust, totally gutted as was happy with my setup! Anyone had this or know what I should do?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Sounds like you need to get under the car and investigate.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does sound like its coming from near the manifold at the front end

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Seeing these sort of posts makes me glad Tegiwa never got back to me about paying by card from the channel islands. Seems the just make cheap stuff and aren't fussed about after sales

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Seeing these sort of posts makes me glad Tegiwa never got back to me about paying by card from the channel islands. Seems the just make cheap stuff and aren't fussed about after sales
The OP PM'd us and requested a new bung. Guess what... he should have a new one tomorrow.

misterk - whats that about after sales? :popcorn2:

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I had this exact same problem with the same set up, Tegi manifold and Martelius. I thought it was the "poor quality" Martelius that would have started blowing, but no, to my surprise it was something that fell out of the Tegiwa manifold...

ABP identified straight away and fitted a new bung...

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
They do get back after they have sold you an item if something is wrong...

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
How do you know they didn't PM OP with a resolution. Maybe OP could confirm what happened before the bandwagon gets full.
+ 1

Bit fedup of reading posts stirring things up when they obviously don't know the facts. :worms:

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
+ 1

Bit fedup of reading posts stirring things up when they obviously don't know the facts. :worms:
Welcome to the internet :facepalm:

I do agree though, with a topic like this where somebodies company reputation is at stake, other parties should steer clear until the facts are unfolded and both sides have been told.

As it happens the conclusions that were jumped to were wrong; and the issue has been resolved peacefully, fairly and in good time by the company at hand, and no doubt the person with the issue is content with the outcome, and the company maybe have learnt a little more about their product from the buyers experience with the issue

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
They do get back after they have sold you an item if something is wrong...
It's buying stuff from them in the first place that's a nightmare just cause I don't live in England. I'm not going to drag up old threads/Facebook pages to prove a point, I've just chosen to shop elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I had an incorrect order from Tegiwa, picked up the phone and bam next day correct item and some free socks.

Cant beat that for customer service.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts