2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help me out here. I've bought a cheap DVD player an Xtrons unit which for the money i can't grumble at, but i'm having a few issues with getting into the double din fascia, and i also have no idea how to wire the steering wheel controls to it, wiring diagrams to me are like algebra lol. I also need to work out how to make the unit recognise when my car isn't driving as at the moment even with the hand brake on, it says i cannot view a DVD whilst driving.

Got annoyed with it and its now just placed into the dash sticking out about 2 inch only able to connect to my phone via bluetooth or play MP3 disks.

Any help would be much appreciated. I also require an in line booster for the aerial which picks up absolutely jack s**t :(

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
1) Did you use the correct Connects2 / Impulse wiring loom

2) You'll need a SWRC lead to enable steering wheel controls

3) Which Xtrons unit is it

4) Aerial needs +12V power to work

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Syx, hope this link works, i am using the connects2 harness that came with the fascia. I have the steering wiring included with the headunit but it requires some crimping of wires together of which i am absolutely useless lol, its not a massive ordeal that i don't have them for now, i have managed to use the mode to set the time and newly appeared date on the top clock display :)

XTRONS 7" DOUBLE 2 DIN CAR STEREO RADIO CD DVD PLAYER HEADUNIT BLUETOOTH iPOD SD

XTRONS 7" DOUBLE 2 DIN CAR STEREO RADIO CD DVD PLAYER HEADUNIT BLUETOOTH iPOD SD | eBay

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will anyone going to the South Yorks meet this weekend be able to have a quick look at this for me?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts