2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be a quick answer I think.

I want to connect my ipod with the connects2 box.

I have read the threads on getting into the dash, which I think I could manage.

Can the box be connected by doing this or do I also need to follow the instructions to get to the back of the radio?

This seems to involve complete removal. I was hoping there would be enough space created on removing the dash to fit my hand up and make the connection.

Regards

Swizzler

·
Premium Member
514 Posts

Can the box be connected by doing this or do I also need to follow the instructions to get to the back of the radio?

This seems to involve complete removal. I was hoping there would be enough space created on removing the dash to fit my hand up and make the connection.

Regards

Swizzler
Not an answer yet, Swizzler, I am sure one will arrive soon, but I was wondering exactly the same thing. Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts

Regards

Swizzler

Hi there Swizzler,

Bad news, in order to fit the Connects 2 box you do need to take out the radio, there just isn't enough room to connect it without removing the radio. :(

On the positive side though, once you have taken the centre console out there isn't much more to do, just be careful removing the piece of plastic between the top of the radio and the radio display as this can be a bit of a pain in the a**e.

If you have any questions please ask, I have done this many many times.

Joe

·
Registered
41 Posts
its radio out only dude.if u fit the genuine honda i pod kit it also works on the i phone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there Swizzler,

Bad news, in order to fit the Connects 2 box you do need to take out the radio, there just isn't enough room to connect it without removing the radio. :(

On the positive side though, once you have taken the centre console out there isn't much more to do, just be careful removing the piece of plastic between the top of the radio and the radio display as this can be a bit of a pain in the a**e.

If you have any questions please ask, I have done this many many times.

Joe

Thanks for the replies guys .... even if it wasn't the one I wanted!

But I might give it a go anyway.

Thanks again

Swizzler

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi

Managed to connect the connects2 box without removing the stereo, bit fiddly but worth the scraped hand to avoid removing the stereo,

Took me 2 hours in all

I've got a type r so to remove the panel around the gearstick you have to unscrew the gear nob and collar to remove it completely.

Other than that pretty straight forward

·
Registered
125 Posts
just stick your hand behind to find where the plug goes into, make sure that the release clip on the plug is on top and reach in and prod about till it goes in, all depends on how dextrous you are, not everyone will be able to do it

·
Registered
9 Posts
just stick your hand behind to find where the plug goes into, make sure that the release clip on the plug is on top and reach in and prod about till it goes in, all depends on how dextrous you are, not everyone will be able to do it
Too true.. I tried for approx 10 minutes, then gave up and undid the whole of the centre dash to properly get to the back of the radio. Your hand must be super flexible :D

It is not that much additional work to get the radio out once you have the dash open already.

Cheers
Max

1 - 13 of 13 Posts