2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all.
Having driven my civic a stunning 9000 km, I started hearing some noise from the front suspension when going over speed bumps, pot wholes etc. I took it to the dealer, and they say that there was some problem with the dampers, and where they attach to the top(excuse my bad english and poor choice of words) So they are going to change the whole **** (dampers and that other stuff).

They are now waiting for parts to come from Belgium!!! And as I still drive my car, and that noise is just getting worse and worse. They say it will not hurt something else at the front, but I just have som problem beliving that.

Does anyone know or have experience with that. Does it matter if i drive with that metallic "klonk"? Should I ask for a "loaner car"?

Still love my civic to death....

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I had a complete front suspension strut fitted under warranty.

The noise was like a squeak when going over bumps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Suspension noise

Used to have a Civic sport on a 56 plate. Had all the bump stops replaced, a damper on both sides on the front and one on the back. Dealer was really helpfull and replaced the lot but still had a little noise now and then. Had a problem with the paint laquer on the roof, was repaired by the Dealer but the finish was awful. After this I decided to change my car and had a Civic 2.2 i-ctdi EX 57 plate. The difference was unbelievable, no noise what so ever and the car drove completely different. Hope you dont have to go to changing your car but good luck. It was the best thing I did, just wish I had done it sooner.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts