2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my service done today, changed front break pads as well..

While they were doing this, they let the break fluid leak all out the reservoir.

This is the result:

So i fired off an email to them, see if they reply by tomorrow afternoon otherwise I'll give them a call.

I have asked them what they will do to rectify this as i find it unacceptable!

Think they will do anything about it?

Also, next question.. If they don't do anything, how hard of a job is it to remove this & get it sorted? Also, if i have to get it sorted - do i have any other options to make it unique? (May as well if im getting it sorted!)

So bloody much for the GOOD Garage Scheme!!!!

It dripped through the engine bay too, removing a bit of paint down there, completely gutted. Luckily I'll be able to touch the engine bay paint up with a paint pen!

I find it hard enough trusting people repair my car, now they have just made it even harder. :(

·
Supporter
641 Posts
Very poor, wait until they email back and if its not the answer you want take it further

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a Honda dealer no, good garage scheme though with good feedback.

I wouldn't go Honda dealer here either lol!

Cheers guys

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Not a Honda dealer no, good garage scheme though with good feedback.

I wouldn't go Honda dealer here either lol!

Cheers guys
Regardless, its incompetence and they need to sort something out for you, end of...

·
Registered
58 Posts
If it's anything like a similar thing I had a good few years ago, they may ask YOU to prove it was not there before THEY touched it - ie: a photo taken before your brakes were changed !!!!! [smilie=pissedoff.g:
(Of course everyone takes photos before taking their cars to a garage...)

If they're honest and with goodwill they may accept responsibility.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mate you won't believe it but I had the exact same problem as you when my car went into my local Honda dealer last year for its 4th service.

The front brake pads needed changing which I expected as they did look low. Now I should have known better because every time I've used the dealer they have damaged the car in some shape or form but the workshop manager has always sorted it. Anyway I collected the car and went home and due to previous problems with the garage I inspected the car including the engine bay. When I did this I could see all fluid around the red rocker cover which had caused some of the paint to blister and peel. I went straight back to the dealer and had the workshop manager come take a look. He dipped his finger around the fluid and could see it was fresh and he just stood there shaking his head. The car had to go in a few days later once a new rocker cover had arrived for it to be fitted. Problem solved and lesson finally learned..I'm never using another Honda dealer ever again.

I have tried to attach some of my pics below and fully understand how frustrating it is. It's nothing more than sloppy workmanship as the whole thing can be avoided if care is taken.

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a member on here has had this fitted;

Yeah seen that before, a custom one like that would be brilliant lol.

+

unfortunately the only photo i have of my engine bay (which is focused on the other side, but can see the area that is now damages) was taken in February.

I guess I'll see what they say!

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Received an e-mail today stating that the manager is on holiday and he'll be back on Wednesday.

In the e-mail it states;

''We will certainly do all we can to put right any damage done to your car''

So i need to wait until Wednesday (go on holiday Friday) for the manager to look at it & arrange for it to be sorted.

Anyone know what these cost from Honda new?

Cheers guys.

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think you are looking at £200-300 plus labour.
Ahh right..

I would like to see what they are willing to do. No doubt they'll try to paint it over with some red paint :rofl:

Waiting game now!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I suppose that was the only benefit of the screw up Honda made of my car, it was done by a main dealer so was easier to get sorted. I did get a nice new red rocker cover tho but would have rather kept the old one and done without the hassle!

Seems good garages are in short supply these days.

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lings honda £267 for head cover
Cheers!

I suppose that was the only benefit of the screw up Honda made of my car, it was done by a main dealer so was easier to get sorted. I did get a nice new red rocker cover tho but would have rather kept the old one and done without the hassle!

Seems good garages are in short supply these days.

Yeah no matter what i wish i didn't have the hassle. So close to my holiday too. :(

I cant see them solving this to a standard where I'll be happy, but obviously i wont know until Wednesday!

Will keep you up to date anyway!

·
Mr Miyagi
2,928 Posts
WOWA! that horrendous! did they seriously think you would not notice?

I would want it rectifying plus more to be honest. I hope you get it sorted before you go on holiday. I would ask for it to be corrected for when you arrive back.

Good luck mate :)

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WOWA! that horrendous! did they seriously think you would not notice?

I would want it rectifying plus more to be honest. I hope you get it sorted before you go on holiday. I would ask for it to be corrected for when you arrive back.

Good luck mate :)

Problem is i have to use my car for the journey & use airport car park while I'm away.

So, all I can do is show them on Wednesday & hope they sort it when I'm back.

Wish i had a garage i could trust entirely in Leicester to be honest.. Need a place like TDI or ABP here!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts