2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many thanks to anyone who may have an answer to the problem described in this post. I have a Civic Type R FN2 that makes a grinding/screeching noise from underneath the car when I am driving. The noise stops when I brake and also stops when I turn the wheel to the left and sometimes the right also. I have had the car inspected but the mechanic could not find the cause. It sometimes only starts after a few minutes of driving like something is getting hot and expanding. I have checked around the brakes for excess heat after a long drive but all seem to pretty much the same.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Did your mechanic properly check over the brakes? Its not something daft like a stone stuck against the disc, or the pads down to the wear markers?

Also, on a previous car I had brakes replaced and the squealed like hell. We couldn't find what the problem was, so last ditch attempt was to take them off and put them back on before replacing them again. Doing this solved the issue - must have aligned the slightly better the second time around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts