2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my car key last week and my car has been stuck at work over the weekend. I went to it today with the spare which doesn't have a working remote rob and unlocked the car manually and the hazards came on. I assumed this is part of the alarm system and would stop when I fired up the car but they didn't and they remained flashing after I turned off the car. They are flashing at a quick rate and then slowing down for a few flashes then speeding back up again.

At the moment I've got the car unlocked with the battery disconnected, any clues as to what's going on would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vince

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Battery is spare key likely to be flat. Mine did it for a few minutes before it let me start the car.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,

Good find there Flashy, I didn't see that post. Looks to be the solution I'm after. Off to get a new fob battery and hope that it's just that and not the a key reprogramme jobby.

·
Enjoying life
8,605 Posts
Ha, I've just ordered a spare battery because of this thread :)

Btw, the key recoding process is in here somewhere if required!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As an aside, now I know the hazards was part of the alarm I'm guessing my siren is buggered.Can you tell me if when the siren is working, when you remote lock the car does it go beep? I quite like the fact that I don't wake the neighbours when locking the car so won't fix the siren if it does.

Thanks chaps

·
Registered
88 Posts
My car doesn't beep when I lock it, so either they're not supposed to, or the alarm siren is a common fault? (I've only had my car a short while...)

Also, those CR1616 batteries are hard to find! I had to order a pack of 4 from Amazon!

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Had my spare key battery changed in a Timpsons.

Sent from 1985. Anyone have a spare flux capacitor?

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Only the lights flash with the remote on lock/unlock. Horn or alarm do not sound and I believe is illegal on factory fitted alarms now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts