2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have 9th gen 2.2 idtec civic and just realised when I press on the hazard lights button it doesn't click and stay on. The hazard lights themselves work but my finger has to be on the button and as soon as I let go the lights stop working.

This is my first Civic and not sure if the button has a clicking mechanism or what. Would the button need replacing? Not sure how to take that panel off to change the button.

Don't know how it passed its MOT with this issue, don't they check hazard lights? :surprise:

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
On my 10G is does not 'click in'. Press it and it pops out again but the hazards stay flashing. Press it again and the hazards go off. The surface of the push button is always flush with the surround unless you are actually pressing it. (I just checked).
I suspect that you possibly have a duff fuse or relay.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
If you press the hazard button, To memory, it doesn't click but it should detent slightly.

If it isn't the switch, You may be in bother, as the MICU is responsible for the Hazards, so it could be problematic to replace.

Bulbs being out don't make any difference to hazards, so that shouldn't be a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts