2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I currently have a 2015 Civic tourer.

Everything is perfect with it, apart from the radio.

It has always hissed from day1 of me buying it used (1 year old) which has annoyed me as sometimes I like to drive in silence (an age thing I suppose)

But recently I am having trouble tuning in the radio, and any of my preset stations suffer from bad interference.

I phoned Honda but apparently it is not under warranty any more :frown2:

I tried looking at seeing how to remove the radio, I have removed the plastic bezel from around the headunit, but I can't see anything obvious.

All the tutorials I have seen seem to want me to remove the seats etc :eek:

any guidance or pointers on this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

ken

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I-VTEC 2012 for that vid

it has shown me that it is not as easy as just using a set of

https://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/fuses-electricals-fixings/halfords-stereo-removal-pins-din-type

Is it easy to remove the panel from underneath the steering column (the video doesn't show that bit), or should I just keep listening to CDs?

Additionally, whilst I am stripping things down will I be able to cure the "hiss"

(Sometimes I have drive with the little security panel removed as I find it to distracting (but it also means my bluetooth phone doesn't work)

Thanks once again

Ken

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hi Ken,
I can't help you more because when i fitted 2din to my civic this did it the electrician, if you want i can post picture of underneath parts to see how it clips

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G930F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Part number 9 just pull out there is no screw on it, as you can see there are only 2 clips number 15. If you need more photos please let me know

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G930F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Remove part 9 (clips only)
Unscrew screw 19
Remove panel 7 by pulling it upwards
Remove A/C unit (pulling it carefully from the sides)
Unscrew the two visible screws under the headunit
Pull out (towards you) the fascia.

You will need to look at connects2 to find parts to connect an aftermarket unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts