2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Help! Lost bulb!

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Mandoscottie 
#1 ·
Hello, all. I need a bit of advice and and I'm sure some of you guys could be of some help. I was changing out a headlight bulb on my 2008 Civic. Unfortunately, as I popped the bulb off of its attachment, it dropped right into a hole! I don't know anything about cars, so I have no idea what this part is or what its function is. I took a photo and pointed an arrow at it. Can you guys tell me what this is? More importantly, how can I get that bulb out of there! Would it hurt to just leave it there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk Vehicle door

See less See more
#6 ·
After doing a little research based on your comment, I do believe that you are correct about it being an air intake. I think it goes to the resonator. While I don't think I'll be in a position to actually get to it, perhaps it can sit there until my next visit to the auto shop for an oil change. Maybe I can get them to remove it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.