2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone may be able to help before I go into Honda and spend money on guesswork...

My 09 FN2 has an intermittent issue which affects a variety of electrics, it seems to happen if I have had a window open.

The car won’t lock with the fob but it will with the key in the hole. The car will unlock with the fob but it leaves the boot locked, the mirrors folded out and the windows locked. None of the control panel on the drivers door works. When I close my drivers door I hear the click noise twice as if they think they are locking.

I originally thought with lots of reading this might be the actuator however the symptoms suggest not and I have been told it is likely to be the BCM (my googling says this is another name for the MCIU) am I correct?

Anything I can to do to narrow it down?

All I know so far is it sounds expensive

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So an update to this.... Typically when it went into Honda everything worked. They did clear some communication errors but nought else.

They question whether the wing mirrors are to blame as they fold with lock/unlock. i.e. aftermarket wiring which could to blame

Could that be the case?

·
3,989 Posts
I feel that would be unlikely but there could be an outside possibility of that. Disconnect your after market gizmos and see if that fixes it.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm don’t fancy butchering the wing mirror wiring.
I will pick the car up tomorrow so i’ll get a look at these codes see if they mean anything

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Possibly so! Appeara the mirrors have the module so thats now ruled out

Its narrowed down to potentially a drivers door swtich, the error codes all point to a communication error between the door and the micu so shall replace the switch first and start to eliminate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts