2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've got I problem with fitting the front bumper with the type r splitter. The front cross member don't let the bumper fit, its touching the splitter.
Anyone add this problem?
:facepalm:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy on the workshop said I need a type r front cross member? As my one it's just too out or something? I need to get pics of this.
I tried to look on for projects in here but I think there's no step by step pics for this is it?

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
There shouldnt be a problem fitting these at all mate! Try somewhere else or do it yourself its pretty easy with a bit of patience :

Speaking of rear arches though and dont mean the thread jack! I have got my rear type R arches today and they look like they might fit with the standard skirts on... is this possible? Would save me cutting and plastic welding!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking to do that but on the top bit of the arches they just don't clip on so I will have to glue right? Sorry guys but I'm a bit new to this sort of stuff:D

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Yeah if its clipped in though as long as its sturdy I cant see an issue, shame its so cold today I dont really want to rish snapping brittle plastics...

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
just leave the gaps buddy you can only see it with the back door open
Yes but you also have the gap at the top of the rear arch. I just stuck mine and clamped it overnight. Mind I have seen it mentioned about longer clips or sticking ones to each other. The splitter should fit as I done this to a 1.8 and the 2.2 although if I remember right I may have taken a shave off the black plastic scoop that the splitter may hit against on the 2.2. I fitted these with the bumper still on the car. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
There shouldnt be a problem fitting these at all mate! Try somewhere else or do it yourself its pretty easy with a bit of patience :

Speaking of rear arches though and dont mean the thread jack! I have got my rear type R arches today and they look like they might fit with the standard skirts on... is this possible? Would save me cutting and plastic welding!
You don't have to modify the rear arches.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Excellent news thanks mate :)

Now just got to work out how to get the buggers off!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was thinking on bigger clips too, maybe I will try and get some. Anyone done this? Where can I get them?
My car is a 2.2 so maybe that's why the bumper with the splitter is so hard to fit?? Anyway my car is grey with a glass roof and I was thinking to get a spoiler from eBay and paint it black? I didn't look for one yet but there's any one got one from eBay? Another mood is my 18" type r wheels to be grey with some rear 10 mm spacers? And to finish off lower 40mm?:)

·
Premium Member
693 Posts

hi buddy i read on here the rear type r arches fit onto the standard skirts its the front that need modded

Reactions: judderman

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Hi all, I've got I problem with fitting the front bumper with the type r splitter. The front cross member don't let the bumper fit, its touching the splitter.
Anyone add this problem?
:facepalm:
Did you ever get your bumper done by fibreworx mate?

How did you get on with other parts you mentioned from a previous thread?

Btw all civic front cross members are the same so the guy that you were getting to fit it was talking dung.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The guy change mobile number:( but I will try and contact him by other forum ( hondacrx) I still have other splitter for the trial:) if he don't do it I will contact other company as I think that front it's stunning, no offence to the guys o have mugen kits but I still think it's silly money for the real ones, and I just can't justify spend that sort of money.
I will try and get other guys to fit the rest off the body kit as I'm not happy at the moment.
At the moment Ive been reading lee built thread and that car it's my inspiration:)

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
I also have a front splitter that I would be happy for them to use for development :) (so long as I can keep the finished product at a good price)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.