2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Due to financial difficulties I'm having to return my '59 plate CDTI that's on finance.

The second service was due shortly before I had to return the car and as I'm struggling financially I chose not to pay the £400 required at my local Honda dealership and went to an independant place that used genuine parts.

They did the oil change and fuel filter and when I picked the car up the engine management light came on. The guy said that they had to take off the airfilter and disconnect the battery to do the job and that he'd already reset the engine management once. He reset it again and about 5 mins into my journey home the light came on again. The car also went into 'limp' mode and wouldn't rev over 2,200 rpm.

They're having it back but I thought I'd ask here first incase there's an easy fix i can tell the garage about.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as they're supposed to be collecting the car next week.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The garage reset twice while I was there but it came back after a few mins.

Also it's not just that the light is on - The Engine Management is in 'fail safe' mode and can only be driven slowly at low revs. I didn't realise this until I went to overtake a moped and the car didn't respond when I put my foot down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.