2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 3-door cars, there's an interior trim panel that runs along the side of the car, from the side boot wall through into the rear passenger compartment. It's a very big piece of trim.

Mine has become loose and I've had to pop it back into place. However, I've not done a great job and I need to remove the whole panel and then slot it back in properly.

Has anyone done this or does anyone know how I should tackle removing this panel? The last thing I want to do is snap any bits off!

Thanks
Rich

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
The panel is huge, and completely removing it requires dismantling quite a lot of the interior of the car :(

Where has it come unclipped

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bit near where the parcel shelf clips in was completely undone last week. I had a go at clipping it back in but in the process a plastic clip that holds the panel to the side of the car fell down inside the panel and is now rattling around. I can't get the panel to clip back in properly at all and it's currently taped up very crudely.

Looks like this might be a dealer trip. :(

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I took out the panel your on about on my car to fit an amp!
It takes about an hour or so and its not as bad as it looks so here's some help.

First remove everything from the boot including the spare if you have 1
remove the parcel shelf and the bit of carpet that sticks to the rear seats and the false boot floor ( its attatched with velcro at the front and plastic clips at the back )
remove the boot trim on the inside of the rear bumper ( this pulls up)
remove the boot false floor ( 2x 10mm nuts that you can see under the velco carpet bit and 2x 10mm nuts behind plastic covers where the spare wheel would be)
remove the side cover panel (where the tyre gunge / compressor lives) and remove said tyre gunge/ compressor.
you'll see the clip inside that needs to be released to fold back the compartment ( where the tyre gunge lives )
peel back the boot weather strip and the front door weather strip from the side you want to remove but don't remove the whole strip just the part the sat on the panel.
drop the back seat and at the bottom of thseat you'll see a panel on the rear trim (by the lower seat belt anchor)
remove this panel ( its a pig to do )
feed the seat belt through the cut out
back to the boot and start to remove the rear panel first by unclipping it by the rear boot anchor ring.
then gently pull back and pop the clips around the trim on the edge of the boot opening
pop the clips that hold the trim onto the c post garnish
back to the rear seat area
pop the clips the hold it onto the b post garnish
pop the clips that hold it below the rear window theres one by the rear speaker and a couple along the bottom edge of the panel
when its all loose unplug the boot light/rear power socket
feed the rear seatbelt through the panel
give the whole thing a wiggle and with a bit of manovering it'll come out
check you've got all the clips and refit any onto the panel if they've stuck to the car
hope this helps and if you get any problems give me a shout

1 - 7 of 7 Posts