2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home fuel light came on, shortly after car hesitant then pgm fi warning flashed up, managed to make it up a slip road. Car not restarting. Got someone on way with diesel but concerned the pgm fi is more than just low fuel and I've got a big bill on the way.

Low fuel issue it something catastrophic?
Primer bulb isn't getting hard so hopefully just fuel

·
Super Moderator
21,041 Posts
I did a 'search community' here using "pgm fi" and got 414 hits. Hopefully something useful in the list

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All sorted, bit of fuel and a prime, ignition on and the pgmi flashed up then cleared, filled up at the garage nearby and all good.

So far....

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have a suspicion i had the same issue, youll probably notice difficult starting when its hot.
In the end i had genuine fuel filter fitted and also carried out a EGR clean on my 2.2 cdti ex not seen the issue since.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cleaned the egr a couple of weeks ago, fuel filter is on my list. Previous owner changed it a while ago, possibly not genuine honda. Off to Cox to put an order in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's such a useful notice! I even got that warning for 3 days after I had put an led bulb in the wrong way round.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Work and back today 30 ish miles, mix of a roads and dual carriageway. Gave it a bit of throttle and high revs as well as sedate pooling and all seems good. Replacement fuel filter on the way though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More of a put my mind at ease type of question. Bought a cheap ELM reader off ebay connected it today and it listed a single code of P1065. A quick search points to it being fuel pressure related. Have cleared it and its not returned on my very short journey from the shops. Presume its registered low fuel pressure on account of there being no fuel.

My new fuel filter from Cox arrived today. It'll sit in my kitchen until I sell the honda and give it to the new owner given that it sounds like a right arse to change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts