2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Unbelieveable Vteccers
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst i was washing the car today i noticed what looks like rust where the roof meets the plastic moulding on the top of the windscreen. This is the second time i have found rust on my car, last year it went back to honda because the tops of the door on both sides had gone rusty under the rubber seal.
This was corrected by Boston Honda last year but on looking at it again today they have again gone rusty.:(:(:(:(:(

My question is what are my rights with this Issue??

The car is a 09 Plate and i bought it almost exactly 2 years ago.

I'm so angry about this but before i go to the dealers and kick up a fuss i'd like to know where i stand.

Thanks H

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
It's very tedious, but getting angry at the dealer will only have negative results. The car just needs to go back for repair, but (like you) I would be concerned that there was an underlying manufacturing defect, that the repair will be good enough, and that it won't happen again.

Warranty | Honda Owners | Cars | Honda (UK)

I would get a full (free) assessment and detailed "quote" from the dealer to see what they propose before they started the repair. A second opinion from another dealer might be worthwhile, if possible.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
I had an 06 ex which had no rust but had a recall for this, and the rubber was changed to a less hard one, or should I say less abrasive one.

So you should be fine in getting this work done by the dealer.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
This is the second time i have found rust on my car, last year it went back to honda because the tops of the door on both sides had gone rusty under the rubber seal.
This was corrected by Boston Honda last year but on looking at it again today they have again gone rusty.:(:(:(:(:(
Rust on the doors is a common problem. :(

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations/12975-rust-doors.html

If I were you, once it's been repaired again, I'd apply some waxoyl under the rubber seal to help stop it from happening again and re-apply it from time to time.

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Surface corrosion of outer painted panel that would be washed or polished(appearance area).3 year`s Roof panel.
Perforation Warranty, 12 year`s roof panel.This is what it say`s in the service book.The problem with you having a CW civic the rust is probably waving at you everytime you look at it.Honda need to deal with it as the warranty say`s, if they dont fix it properly it will go into hole`s then the perforation warranty kick`s in.
The only way to get rid of rust without it comming back "ever" would to replace the panel affected.Not really a prob with the door`s but a bit extreme with the roof.
Tell your dealer or HUK that your windscreen represents 30% of the upper car body strength and if the rust start`s to creep under the paint of the windscreen aperture then that will compromise the strength as the screen will no longer be bonded properly to the car.

·
Unbelieveable Vteccers
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

Been to the stealers today to let them have a look at the car and the Service manager was less than impressed with the state of the corrsion, took it straight into the back and took piccies and measured the depth of the paint on the whole car.

So a warranty claim has gone in to fix the problem to fingers crossed and wait to hear from Honda.:popcorn:

·
Peanut butter and Jelly
314 Posts
Going to check mine when I get home now

·
Unbelieveable Vteccers
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another Update

Got a Phone call from the dealer telling me that Honda will not pay for another repair because and i quote " The other dealers claimed for doing the roof when i went in last year to have the door repaired".:mad:

THIS IS NEWS TO ME!!!!!!!

So whats Happend here is it ??

A) Repair was done without my knowledge and was done badly, If so surely it should hame some sort of Guarentee.

B) a Fraudulent claim has been made on my behalf by the steelers again without my knowledge??

Either way what do i do now????:confused:

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Contact HUK and tell them what`s happening.
If the roof has been done at a Honda dealer some where else that shouldnt matter.It`s been a problem with civic`s from what i`ve heard and read on this forum.When i first got my car a guy i know who had his CTR done under warranty started to lift my windscreen rubber and show me where the problem was.I then had to point out to him that i had a panoramic roof:rolleyes:.
Dealer`s hate doing warranty work and if the car has been done at a different branch they are all to eager to pass the buck.
When you contact HUK have your service book handy with the corrosion warranty page open so you can ryhme off what it say`s.
Also explain about the danger of the rust creeping under the windrscreen aperture that i told you about on my previous post.
Hope you get it sorted mate.(remember to stay calm while on phone)

·
Unbelieveable Vteccers
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
*UPDATE*

Took the car into 2 mills Honda in Cheshire today they had a look at the car and contacted HUK and got to the bottom of the claim. Roof is being repaired under warranty by 2 mills. :D:D The door on the other hand would have to go back to Boston Honda to be repaired:(. (i think id rather fix it myself).

And un-related i got to have a look around the M20 in the showroom....... i just wanted to lick it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts