2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm hoping somebody can shed some light on this problem for me .
I have just bought an 2006 1,8 es petrol . Love it , but I keep getting the CEL come up . I have a scanner and it comes up knock sensor! I also keep getting the check oil light .
I have a receipt for a new knock sensor earlier this year ,& I changed the oil so I know its right.
So I kinda think this is a possible loom/ecu issue.
Its also fine sometimes. Yesterday I did 170 miles before it came up . yet the day before it came on in 3 miles.
I also think its not revving out that well ,but again that could be the knock sensor I guess.
Does anyone know if the 2 sensors share the same loom .Etc

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May have to do that although the replaced knock sensor was a Honda part .

I think I have discovered that it doesn't happen if I disconnect the oil sensor !
Which I think is weird. !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wrong . Still doing it !
I read there is a possibly update for the oil level issue. But i think its time to isolate and put some fresh wire in :-(

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So long and short is , i had to disconnect the alternator to fit a air con pump . However, i did not disconnect the battery for fear of losing the stereo code (if it has one ) ?????? I was very careful not to short any cables.
But i figured i either had an ecu that was having a strop or a broken knock sensor wire . So i disconnected the ecu and put A new wire in from sensor to ecu plug ....
Sorted!!!!
Either the wire was broken or the ecu needed to be powered down for a while. Either way it works :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts