2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's and gals,

I picked up my NHB R last thursday and have noticed that the Heated Rear Window does'nt seem to do anything, the mirrors work fine...

Having had a dig around on here some people say that it's not heated and it actually the radio areial...

I am just about to book it into the dealers and was wondering if you guy's have tried you heated rear window and weather it work's or NOT ???

·
Registered
243 Posts
It does work - its very slow though compared to all the other cars I've owned.

Try again, but give it a bit more time to work to see if OK - if not there must be a problem.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you look closely, you'll find the top elements are seperate and are for the Radio Aerial. The rest of the elements I understand should be heated for demisting.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Guy's and gals,

I picked up my NHB R last thursday and have noticed that the Heated Rear Window does'nt seem to do anything, the mirrors work fine...

Having had a dig around on here some people say that it's not heated and it actually the radio areial...

I am just about to book it into the dealers and was wondering if you guy's have tried you heated rear window and weather it work's or NOT ???
The upper section is the radio arial, the rest should work - if the control light on the button doesn't light up when you press it then most likely it's just a blown fuse

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guy's

if it is very slow...then it's not even worth having.....didnt make a single dent this morning is some light mist on the rear screen....

where as the side mirrors cleared quite quickley....

I

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guy's

if it is very slow...then it's not even worth having.....didnt make a single dent this morning is some light mist on the rear screen....

where as the side mirrors cleared quite quickley....

I rekon it must be broken....I guess i could always whip out my multi meter ?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Monty, you could try :- with the window dry, turn heater on for a few minutes, then breath on the glass and see if the mist clears around each element.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
might be that one (or both) of the wires to the demister is loose at the rear window :)

they are plug on jobbies, so might be worth giving a wiggle :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Different specs for the elements on the mirror and the rr screen.

Mirror heaters are designed to be able to dry the mirror of water to aid rr viewing.

RR Screen is just to increase the surface temp to remove mist. If the RR Screen were heated as much as the mirror then the thermal expansion would be huge you could not build in that much gap.

Ford do it on the front but they can have a gap under the screen trims but at the rear ,you usually have the glass to the edge of the panel with out a 'large trim' also is a loose panel unlike the front.

So the RR will aways be less effective than the Mirroes (& Ford front).

BUT

It should still work.:D. Sit in the car with the aircon on and re-cric not fresh air. after 10 mins turn of the A/C and crank the temp up - best way to mist the rr screen (unless your G/F is with you[smilie=cheeky-grin:) then you should be able to see it work.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The heaters will not be much good for clearing water on the outside of the rear window, but it is more than good enough for clear condesation on the inside, and that's what it's for.

To reduce the amount of precipitaion on the outside of the window, rain-x it. It works a treat!
Or join Chrales Harding's 'I want a silly rear wiper' club!

·
Captain Slog
162 Posts
I've noticed very slow window demisting also, but thinking about it, every time it was misted, the water was on the outside. On every other car I've had there has been a rear wiper so this problem hasn't occurred.

I would think the rear window heater is as good as any other car, but other cars don't have to try to heat up the water on the outside and the inside of the window.

LJ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts