2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1.4 can look awsome too
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, my center LED strip brake light under the spoiler light up all the time (not when I have all light off though, but in Norway have to drive with lights on all the time, it gets a bit stronger when i press the brakes, but you can barley see any change, so if I am not wrong? This light should only light up when braking?

I just noticed today, and maybe it became like this after:
I just fitted these: Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is 2014 Sale New Free Shipping 2pcs/lot T20 7443 16w Cree R5 + Cob Led Car Turn Signal Bulb Tail Lights, Retail Reverse Light Lamp

T20 7443 16w, they are "dual filment" they can lightup and brake, but I cant really see any difference at all when the driving light are on, I can`t see any difference when i brake with these, but if the lights are off, they do light up when i brake.

So any tips what`s up on this matter?
I do like the new leds, really bright, but drivers behind be will get confused about the center light being lit up all the time.

EDIT: The brake light I changed was the the middle ones right beside the tail foglight and reverse lights, not the two on the side with the indicators.

·
1.4 can look awsome too
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Your problem is because of the bulbs, they are probably not genuine dual circuit bulbs, either that or poor quality and sometimes the 2 circuits cross.

If you change to something like this - BA15S/1156/1157/382/P21W CREE LED 50W – Aurora Bulbs

Problem solved ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi mate, thanks, I looked around quite some time, and these i bought looked good, the price was not very cheap either? 22 usd for both, and they look the same as some sellers who selles them for double the price, but maybe that is the problem, they look the same but they aren't?

I will try to contact the seller and see what he has to say, the are mad bright though, so i thought the quality was good, but maybe not:(

EDIT: I am very skeptic about the whole led bulb business, because it is a fact that some supplier sell crap bulbs for ALOT, the same bulbs you get on alie, ebay etc and some are expensive because they really are good, I feel it is very hard to impossible to not be cheated on when you wanna buy good led bulbs, taking + 40-50% of the price they buy it for when they resell it is not okey :p

·
1.4 can look awsome too
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tested them some more, both sides since LED is a bit weird on that part(+-), it sure is some crap circuit, one bulb will work as driving light but not brake light, the other only work as brake light and not driving light. it is when I use wrong +- that the 3 brake light stays on all the time (the led strip brake).

So combined they are 1 good bulb xD but really they are just two broken ones.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Visually it is hard to sell as casing and bases come from pretty much the same handful of sources. It's the chips themselves and how they are assembled that counts.

You should always look for CREE, Osram or Samsung chips. Ask the seller what chips they use, many advertise as CREE when infact they are the Chinese inferior equivilant which is "EPISTAR".

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Visually it is hard to sell as casing and bases come from pretty much the same handful of sources. It's the chips themselves and how they are assembled that counts.

You should always look for CREE, Osram or Samsung chips. Ask the seller what chips they use, many advertise as CREE when infact they are the Chinese inferior equivilant which is "EPISTAR".
Actually genuine Epistar chips are of excellent quality and used in many of our electronic devices. They are also based in Taiwan not China.

It is basically impossible to know the quality until you can inspect and test the product yourself though, the pictures are often of the "branded" version, and they send you an inferior one. Even when you do physically have them, unless you know what to test and what to look for, you aren't going to know what the quality is really like.

At least with a UK supplier you have more power in terms of getting a refund or replacements if things go wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts