2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just registered with civicinfo-you guys seem to have a valuable wealth of knowledge on all things type r related!

Got a bit of problem im hoping someone can help with. My rear bumper insert (MESH insert) took a little knock last week and im looking at getting it replaced. Part number is 71507-SMR-E01 - can this be easily fitted without removing anything other than the insert, or do I have to take the whole of the rear bumper off and fit it that way?

Cheers,

·
Banned
952 Posts
i think the rear splitter will a bit more expensive than the mesh insert but a good excuse if the rear splitter does it for you:)

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Can be changed by taken lower clips out of bumper and reaching
up with a dumpy screw driver but its a bit of a bum its just as easy
to take off the bumper.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your responses guys.

My local garage want to charge a fortune in labour to remove the rear bumper and fit the mesh insert! If I can remove it myself then I'll do that. Is it as easy as removing a few clips then? Haven't done this before as you can tell.

Cheers,

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
There is a how-to on here which shows you how to take off the rear bumper.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/14362-how-install-splitters.html

I used it to remove my rear bumper because like you, I wasn't willing to shell out a fortune to get the garage to do it.

It is relatively straight forward, just be careful not to break the clips (patience is a virtue in this case) and try to avoid stabbing yourself with a rusty screwdriver like I did.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts