2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,

I've got rust on my brushed aluminium door "Type R" sill. Any ideas where I can get a replacement or what this is called so I can search online?

thanks
S

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
It`s called a door sill garnish. Dont think you can buy just one comes in a kit of 2 from Honda.Could try ebay.
Maybe check under the trim for any signs of rust on the actual sill as these parts dont usually rust and it might be creeping onto from the sill.

·
Registered
85 Posts
just wanted tyo ask if there are any touch up paint or something that can seal it etc?...

I have a minor chip and some rust somewhere.. very minor but wanted to kinda touch it up etc...

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
I've used 24/7spares a few times, it acts on behalf of a load of yards and they contact you individually if they have the part. Don't give your number though, just your email or your phone won't stop lol

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I'd remove the garnish and check below it - Aluminium doesn't rust ! - it looks like the sill, which will need chemically cleaned \ treated \ touched-up ...

The Aluminium should respond to a metal polish ...

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I'd remove the garnish and check below it - Aluminium doesn't rust ! - it looks like the sill, which will need chemically cleaned \ treated \ touched-up ...

The Aluminium should respond to a metal polish ...
My thoughts exactly, aluminium does not rust!

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Check out my HOW TO at the bottom of the first page on the forum
A very simple , cheap and effective fix.

Kind Regards,
Supergunn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts