2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello chums, firstly i have searched aplenty so if anyone can correct me then i would be very happy as it means a soloution is already available.

if not..... :worms:

I paid my diligent brother to Valet the inside of my car (the outside is MINE) while the weather is crap. He performed an OUTSTANDING job in every aspect apart from the bit where you're not meant to damage the car in a valet. he has gouged a deep scratch in the flat centre console/dashboard above the to central vents and in front of the clock.

It looks, from a few feet away that there is a thick long white horse hair resting on the flat bit... :(

Will a scratch pen work? is there an easier way? Will mario rescue the princess in time? :popcorn2:

answers on here for the first two will be greatly appreciated.

Also, surely people on civinfo have scratched around the ignition with their key and wanted to repair that? its the same material. seems to scratch far too easily if you ask me.:confused:

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Yep , a kid's felt tip pen will help, followed by a permanent colour felt tip, when you are happy with the colour.( You may have to use a couple of colours).
If then not happy, call in "The Plastic Surgeon", who will do you a cracking job at your home.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
NO !!!

The Plastic Surgeon will make a perfect job of it, at the fraction of the price.
Our kid is for ever scratching the internal panels of her car and Muggins here ends up paying for it.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any idea how much id be looking at from the plastic surgeon/garnish found them in exeter on google but no prices

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
They are very good.
They also do - removing scratches from expensive stainless steel sinks, repairing u PVC windows and doors and they have now gone into dyeing worn and discoloured brickwork too.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I'm going to use them on my next project, which is a listed barn, I shall be converting into a domestic property.
I can't get any new bricks to match with the existing ones, so they will dye them in to match perfectly.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
That panel which is scratched comes off easily...just use something plastic, Credit card, comb etc and prize it up...once removed take it to a cobblers...they will sort it for about £3!

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Best get them £20 notes out then! lol
Your shout...just thought I'd recommend!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts