2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, if anyone could help, I'd like to know how to change the spark plugs + coil pack on my civic 1.4 type S 2010.

Ideally I'd like a step by step guide and pictures of possible.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Extremely simple to do. Remove plastic cover. Disconnect coil pack, undo bolt of coil pack, pull coil pack out, use a long socket and adapter for spark plug, undo it, magnetic bit to get it out. Reverse. Sorted.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Extremely simple to do. Remove plastic cover. Disconnect coil pack, undo bolt of coil pack, pull coil pack out, use a long socket and adapter for spark plug, undo it, magnetic bit to get it out. Reverse. Sorted.

Is the plastic shield where the wipers are connected to? Do I remove the wipers? And is there any wiring for that?

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
No the plastic cover over the engine, two plastic screws, twist them and lift the cover off. No need to remove wipers or anything like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No the plastic cover over the engine, two plastic screws, twist them and lift the cover off. No need to remove wipers or anything like that.

I had a look and the coil pack is on the rear of the engine so not under the plastic cover. I believe this engine shares similarities with the Honda jazz of this era. And the gap is very small, no way of getting a wrench into the socket without removing the plastic shield holding the wipers.
Screenshot_20200106-211511.png

·
Registered
1 Posts
I remembered a vid where FNLEW and his Dad had to remove that plating to swap the plugs on his FN2 CTR.
I'll link it from the point they realise it's in the way, I think it'll assist your situation:

Otherwise, on a quick search of YouTube, I couldn't find any specific to the Civic L13A i-VTEC, but there was a few with Honda Fit/Jazz, here's one I found:

Hope that helps any. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts