2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title as i am visiting trader tomorrow and might possibly buy on same day. the car is civic 2.2 5 door year 2010. I have checked HPI, everything is good but there is rmi milage scheme 32.7K on 30/10/2012, is there any way to cross check milage history? Also read about civic clutch problems thread, is there anyway to know that later manufactured cars were addressed with clutch problem when left factory?

I am totally newbie on civic cars, any tips will be huge informative for me atm.

thanks very much

Reshamg

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
firstly why the 2.2? do you need it as you do lots of mileage? and if yes then BUY ONE NOW! haha ive had mine a year and a half and still love it, yes there is the clutch problem (just got my first replacement after 45k ) but apart from that there are generally no major problems (that i know of) and to test the clutch when you test drive get into 3rd gear around 2k rpm and floor it (preferably up hill like a slip road) and see if the rev counter revs round fast but there is no speed increase.

Reactions: reshamg

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure the clutches on the 2010 models are Ok?.
firstly why the 2.2? do you need it as you do lots of mileage? and if yes then BUY ONE NOW! haha ive had mine a year and a half and still love it, yes there is the clutch problem (just got my first replacement after 45k ) but apart from that there are generally no major problems (that i know of) and to test the clutch when you test drive get into 3rd gear around 2k rpm and floor it (preferably up hill like a slip road) and see if the rev counter revs round fast but there is no speed increase.
yep, i do mostly motorway miles. cheers for info i will test drive with your instructions in mind :D Any info how to check Honda Warranty and It is worth buying warranty?

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Think carefully about uprating the clutch. Don't go into it with your eyes shut. The feel and uptake of the uprated clutch is an acquired taste to say the least.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Just sold mine at 66k, original clutch

Some squeaks and rattles, generally solid build.

Averaged mid 50's into 60's on motorway driving

Front end very susceptible to stone chips, can become unsightly (due to soft paint and sloping bonnet)

Decent boot and , depending on model, good levels of trim and equipment

Reactions: reshamg

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kudos to all, it was very informative and welcoming. I will update thread tomorrow from dealer if i get any six sense feeling :police:

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
kudos to all, it was very informative and welcoming. I will update thread tomorrow from dealer if i get any six sense feeling :police:
Oh and also if you've never test drove before flooring it will test the clutch but also out you in your seat more than you would expect from a 140 bhp car ;)

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
With regards to the clutch, as opposed to trying to make it slip in 3rd I would suggest either 5/6, get the car up to 60 on a hill preferably and floor it. Mine never slipped in anything under 5th under any circumstance. It is more likely to start slipping in 3/4 as more wear/pressure plate deterioration takes place. Take the car out and give it a really good thrashing if you can.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
It's worth checking the roof line by the front and rear screen there is a small rubber flap there, lift it up slightly and check for rust, it was a known problem I believe but modern ones don't seem to suffer so badly but worth checking before you buy.

Paint chips on the bonnet as mentioned, in regards to the warranty for the £700 ish that it would cost you the warranty is probably worth it to get another three years on it, I bought the warranty and service plan when I picked up my 1.4 last month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

1 - 20 of 20 Posts