2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. New to the site. Hello's all aorund...

So i have a 2008 (08) FN2 Type R GT - Black 42K full Honda service history, pretty good condition, the normal for a 6-7 year old car.

PLEASE HELP:
The time has come to possibly sell my car, as i will be getting a new car and the missus doesnt like the self massaging feature of my car (That lovely suspension)

I've had fun with my Type R, but time to go... ive also grown up a bit...

Whats the best way to sell this car, i live in West London and cannot deal with the kids wanting a free drive, asking me 0-60 times and how fast i have been in it.

Any suggetsions would be great.

Am i right in thinking it worth about 6K??? or am i being really optimistic.
I will add some pics when i get home tomorrow.

i'm more then happy to get wheels refurbed and touch up works done if it helps to sell. i'm capping myself at the £500 mark on works.
It seems the young and questionably looking rude boys and local chavs love this car. cant really see them actaully buying it though!!

i paid 8.8K in 2010 to a very desparate chap, when i brought it it has 21K on the clock, full history and he was the only owner.

when i took it for its first service, Honda offered me 11K as trade in, however i know that doesnt relate to real money. as this was to buy a new car with them on finance.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the reply. Pics will be up tomorrow when i get home. at work currently then it boozy friday!

i'm after a 2014 BMW 4 series, deisel 2L.
Possibly Audi A5, deisel 2L, not 1.8 Turbo
all about the MPG and company car tax, also i'm tired of paying congestion charge everyday!!!
so any suggestions on CC free cars would be good.
but normal cars, not noddy cars! lol

am going to test drive the new A3 Etron... should be interesting! but would prefer a coupe.

·
Registered
141 Posts
One idea to avoid the text messages and stupid calls from the "rude boys and local chavs", put it on Ebay car auctions with either a low starting price (and a sensible reserve) and a 'buy-it-now' price. Hopefully genuine buyer will contact you via ebay if they wish to view your car prior to bidding.

·
Living the dream!
8,545 Posts
to be honest we traded a April 09 CTR in at Honda with 32k FHSH in April and got £9k part x but the car was in very very good condition, with you age and mileage I think you will easily get £7k private if the car has condition to match the mileage etc. Why not create a for sale thread here and upload some photos?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone...
if it doesn't rain tomorrow i'll clean up the car and post up a load of pictures.
its been a great car and it will be missed.
i have a 14mile each way trip to work in stop start traffic. 1 hour ten minute journey. so unfortunately the type r isn't for me.
great news on the price range. thought i was being optimistic on that!

Type S GT: ...
Car details:
Full Honda Service History - yearly service stamp - none missed
No Mods except K & N induction kit
18"
(GT) Folding Electric Mirrors, Dual Zone.......
1 previous owner before me
No work carried out on the car apart from services
MOT - March
Tax - Nov - However tax cannot be passed on now
Tyres - All good

Once i chosen my new car i will most likely now be selling through here, so keep an eye out if your interested.
i'll post some pictures up tomorrow

thanks all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.