2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
as per title i was offered a set of dc5 cams of a freind and was wondering if there was any gains and are they a straight swop many *****;)

Registered
Should do. Afterall. Rumour has it they are the same as the FD2 cams.

I would have fitted them only they are all 2nd hand and unless you knew exactly what the circumstances were regarding their removal ie cam swap and not a blown engine I wouldn't want to be fitting 2nd hand ones.
Seen few wrecked engines because of damaged cams fitted.

Make sure you get it mapped to them or you won't see the benefits.

The Property Man
i was just going to say get fd2 cams but if its the same...just be careful buying 2nd hand cams!! how much can you get it for?

also- you'll need a good remap to get the best gains for it..otherwise there isnt much point

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
;)sweet they came from a cam swopped car as far as im aware he fitted skunk stage 2 cams and there in very good condition with low mileage

Premium Member
I did that on my ep3 made quite a big difference! But the origional numpty that fitted them f***ed up the tensioner and nearly wrecked my engine!! Jakan Honda bunch of cowboys (They went out of buisness).

Premium Member
;)sweet they came from a cam swopped car as far as im aware he fitted skunk stage 2 cams and there in very good condition with low mileage
getting ready for next years fun mate?;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
getting ready for next years fun mate?;)
yeah pretty much mate cams a rrc hondata gasket and flashpro early next year fit the new brake stuffs ive got already and get a set of r888s and next stop nurburgring cant wait hoping for 230 bhp i think?;)

btw hows the hunt going??

Premium Member
yeah pretty much mate cams a rrc hondata gasket and flashpro early next year fit the new brake stuffs ive got already and get a set of r888s and next stop nurburgring cant wait hoping for 230 bhp i think?;)

btw hows the hunt going??
no idea how much im missing my fn mate!...especially with it sitting on the forecourt at work!!!all being well i should have a something by sunday

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
no idea how much im missing my fn mate!...especially with it sitting on the forecourt at work!!!all being well i should have a something by sunday
i know how you feel mate when mine was in getting repaired for 9 days it felt like ages and soon as i picked it up i realized i missed it. my clutch is wirring when i first drive the car in the morning kenny should i worrry about it ??
hope you find what your looking for on sundaay and get pics up asap:)

Premium Member
i know how you feel mate when mine was in getting repaired for 9 days it felt like ages and soon as i picked it up i realized i missed it. my clutch is wirring when i first drive the car in the morning kenny should i worrry about it ??
hope you find what your looking for on sundaay and get pics up asap:)
nothing to worry about mate,have heard a few like that.a new bearing/clutch kit will fix it...but for how long i dont know.(think the issue is being`looked into`).

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
right wee update went and seen these today and they look in great condition the lad whos selling them has stage 2 skunk ones so these are no use to him what so ever he recomended i fit a new tensioner as well think it was a hybrid r 1 hes wanting 130 quid for them is that good ??

Registered
Yep. Good price as long as your 100% sure about them. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Yep. Good price as long as your 100% sure about them. ;)
tp is there anything i should be looking for on them the lobes looked even if that helps cheers mate

Registered
Scratches or pitting really. You won't tell if they are bent unless they go in a lathe with a dti but shou be fine as you know the doner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts