2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Ive recently installed a double-din stereo but I haven't a clue where to wire the break cable so I can watch DVDs.

I've obviously had all the centre console out and touched it on the break cable but nothing happens.

There is a bunch of wires leading off it but the instruction manual kinda expects you to be a technician.

Anyone have any ideas?:(

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
If you want it to work all the time wire it to one I the bolts at the back behind the handbrake. There is a control box of some description and that will work.

Pop a DVD in and let it play then touch the bolts till you find a suitable ground.

If you want it to work only with handbrake on I think you will need to wire it to the switch that tells the handbrake light to come on/off

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Assuming it's requiring a ground to enable playback, you can connect it to any bolt that is grounded (so anywhere on the chassis, or connected to the chassis) and it will work.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Assuming it's requiring a ground to enable playback, you can connect it to any bolt that is grounded (so anywhere on the chassis, or connected to the chassis) and it will work.
This,

Remove a bolt stop off about 3cm of insulation wrap the wire round the bolt the screw it back in and tighten.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts