2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all just wondering if anyone has any ideas with this.

I have a standard speaker wire to LOC then into my amp via the RCA's. That works all fine and powers the subwoofer etc.

BUT ! When i have the amp on MASTER mode (Which i think it should be as there's just one) it is very quiet, it needs to be on max gain to hear it basically. Then when i flick it to SLAVE mode the amp is very powerful and comes alive. Is my 'MASTER' mode broken and is it safe to just leave it on SLAVE mode? The bass does sound a little too 'thud like' sometimes

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello It's a Directed Electronics D2400. I know it can connect to other amps and have the main one as master and the rest in slave mode and controls them all, but I don't get how it's even working in slave mode if it hasn't got a 'master' controlling it ! :$

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah thanks for tha Bupps, yea I've read that before and should work how i have it.

Now i've got it on master and its working but i have the gain on basically full, which seems a bit weird. I wonder if my line out converter is just rubbish and only giving low power

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I have 3 settings... Master is highs and lows.. so works as a normal speaker. Slave is low only so bass, the way the subs should work and then something else which is highs only, so practically the same as the front speakers.

I the amp on Slave for bass (lows) only and the set it up with the HU on -2 bass so I can adjust it on the move.

You wont do any damage leaving it on slave.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah onweed that seems different from mine, I have a low pass filter to set the output frequency cut off, and the master and slave are for connecting multiple amplifiers on mine!

·
Registered
337 Posts
@ONWEED - The Directed amp is a MONO block amp ONLY to run sub woofers and is NOT designed to run high frequency or full range speakers

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I'm going to try that yea, it's just an autoleads converter i'm using for the sub at the moment

1 - 12 of 12 Posts