2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys n gals,

I got a fn2, 38k miles ran a intake for 4 months then put flash pro groupe N calibaration on and varrying from 50 to 450 miles it will fault and show system check on my computer in car and just got the error code its "P0172 System too rich (Bank1) anyone know what this could mean, milage between intake being fitted and ecu then being fitted was around 5-6k miles.

Thanks in advance, Sam

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Yeah, that's what is caused by Group N reflash. The car is going very rich like even 10:1 AFR depends on the mod list you have.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
What intake you running?
I have seen this with the AEM and CPL CAI kit and it's the air disturbance over the MAF sensor when you go full throttle.
You can get around it by calibrating the MAF sensor correctly and it will run fine and cure any flatspots.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
if your after an interim map contact either VITviper or CivicRSA and I'm sure they will help

I was in a similar position with the grpN and CivicRSA sorted me out for a decent price, i had no fault codes tho but did see 10.4:1 WOT , that's dangerously rich pal

Get it mapped correctly

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
An aftermarket intake + Group N Map will leave you dangerously rich. That is why your ecu is detecting the error code.
Not only is it dangerous for the engine your performance will suffer and your gas mileage will be awful.

@ Stoney. I tuned your car for a 13:1 AFR. You mean you saw 10.4:1 before the tune.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts