2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions on brighter bulbs for my headlights. Don't want to have to rewire or convert anything just a simple change of the bulb so it's as bright as possible without the cost of HID conversion etc.

Heard the 50% brighter Phillips are ok. Kinda want them really bright though anyone know if they are any good.

Kinda price/ where I can get some decent bright bulbs for 61 plate type S.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Depends if you want whiter light or brighter as generally you can't have both unless you get HID.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends if you want whiter light or brighter as generally you can't have both unless you get HID.

Brighter probably. As Ideally id like both but have heard it can be quite difficult to fit the HID lights is that true any Idea?

I don't really wanna be paying out loads for it as I have a few bits I want for the car this month haha

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
HID lights are easy to fit in our cars. I dont like the look of cars running these kits without projector headlights though.
Personally I just bought some Osram Nightbreaker unlimited bulbs. Yes they are not HID white or blue but they really light up those country lanes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HID lights are easy to fit in our cars. I dont like the look of cars running these kits without projector headlights though.
Personally I just bought some Osram Nightbreaker unlimited bulbs. Yes they are not HID white or blue but they really light up those country lanes.

I was looking at the Osram H7 Night Breaker Unlimited bulbs earlier on and they had good reviews. Might just get myself a set of then as that's really all I'm after is something that's going to light the roads better.

20% whiter than standard bulbs. U recon u see any difference in colour with them compared the standards?

Thanks for helping :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've tried several, also, my last Civic came with aftermarket HIDs which threw more glare than a disco ball. The best I've experienced are Osram Nightbreakers.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
No worries pal. They are closer to sunlight in colour and are much brighter. Use civinfo25 with ECP and you can buy a pair for around £ 13

·
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!
820 Posts
I have nightbreaker dipped and full beam lights and they are very bright. I have Osram's sidelight bulbs too to match better.

They are not ice white but they are far from being 'yellow'.

I would recommend them if like me you want brighter lights without the hassle and expense of HIDs.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I've tried several, also, my last Civic came with aftermarket HIDs which threw more glare than a disco ball. The best I've experienced are Osram Nightbreakers.
You didn't get good HID's then.

This is a HIDS4U 35W kit in my car with 7R bulbs, look at the cut off, absolutely sharp with no light spill:

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
You didn't get good HID's then.

This is a HIDS4U 35W kit in my car with 7R bulbs, look at the cut off, absolutely sharp with no light spill:

Look good but are not close to the sharpness of projector headlights. Have a look at the conversion threads to see a razor sharp cut off.

·
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!
820 Posts
Are those the LED Osram sidelights?
No bulb ones. I thought that LED sidelights would be too white.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

1 - 14 of 14 Posts