2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
V-Tech Junkie
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wonder if anyone can help me. I will try to describe the problem as best I can.
Basically in any gear when easing my foot off the throttle its as if the car is braking not badly but enough to feel as if im touching the brakes very slightly. Keeping my foot in the same position the "braking effect" slowly eases and car continues to go as normal. I thought this was maybe a fuel or misfire problem but its not idling roughly and at speed driving normally. Everything is stock and no mods. I have checked the air filter and its clean. My second question: Is it possible for the car to develop an engine fault which would not necessarily light up the management light. Sorry if the symptoms sound a bit vague but its the best way i can describe it.

·
Hon-da-da-da-da!
181 Posts
I could be binding rear brakes. I had this problem and it felt like i was getting pulled back all the time. Went in to Honda and came out like a different car, rolled easily at the slowest of speeds.

On another note, i think the type r has alot of engine braking effect, possibly due to the close ratio's and light flywheel. Unlike many fords that use a dual mass flywheel they keep the inertia when lifting off the throttle, making it a smoother less jerky drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts