2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

I checked all around the internet but to get a picture for correct jacking points except those listed in owners manual is extremely difficult as all pictures are unavailable or deleted (as on this forum and on HondaKarma). Here I read that some of you are using stands or jack under the head of the main front subfame rear fixing bolt. Which one is it? I am attaching two pictures, one of the bolts and one picture to depict from which angle the first picture was taken. (second picture is not mine, sorry)

Thanks guys,
Have a nice day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Not sure if it helps but traditionally honda jack points are denoted by an arrow formed (raised) in the side skirt moulds underside. (Not sure that helps with axel stands).

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
not applicable on the FK2 typeR, @fordy . you got a choice between jack or stand on the front for official points. car is designed for 2post lifts. stupid idea for a car thats meant to be for trackdays with DIY/enthusiasts doing their own work

point 1 on that picture is the main bolt. the smaller 2 (on a slight angle) are reinforcement. iirc the bolts are different sides. something like 19mm (biggest) is subframe, 17mm's (smaller) are the reinforcement bolts.
what i do is use some thick wood front-to-back on the front subframe, and jack where the tow eye is. spreads the load and leaves the sill points free for a jack.

what i found is the jack gets in the way of where the axle stands need to go, so the bolt idea is neither thought through or worked for me. i have the 1.5ton SGS alu jack and 4leg stands which are wider and more stable than the cheaper hardware.

for the rear; you can use the rear tow eye, but you need a reasonably long-lift jack to get it up high enough.

i'd love one of those quickjacks that all the rage on youtube car channels or a pair of rennstands but just cant justify their prices.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks veehexx! That was an answer i was looking for.

Any chance you can get a picture of how you set up your jack with a block of wood on front tow eyes?

The rennstands would be perfect I guess but 250 plus 100 postage plus customs fee around 100 is just not worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
might have to wait till next weekend. if i did it now, i'd be upto my eyeballs in snow&road slush :D feel free to drop me a PM to remind me if i forget.

basically if you look underneath, between front edge of tyres and bumper you'll see a tow hook on each corner of the subframe. from there, some blocks of wood inline between tow hook and the rear bolts you provided a picture for.
it's not an official way to jack the car, but it works for me. no damage to subframe, and i figure if the tow hooks can handle pulling the car out of a ditch or hedgerow, it's probably strong enough to handle jacking 400kg.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,462 Posts

Don't forget to use those low profile stands.

Always wanted to remove my alloys to clean em good n proper but not sure where to put axle stand whilst jack point has jack lifting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
Lol, low profile stands.... Brilliant. ?

Rear is actually easy. Jack under the rear spring mount. If it can handle the entire cars weight down on it, it can handle the weight when jacking up.
Fronts I still use wood around the subframe tow hooks.
Both allow the sill points for jack use.
For a 4 wheel lift, I do front first and rear last.

Personally, if you keep your fingers and toes outta the way, just jack it up without stand. Your not working under the car so axle stands won't aide your own safety. Grab wheel at the sides or one spokes to remoce/fit to car. So Jack failure won't crush anything you'd rather wasn't

1 - 7 of 7 Posts