2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just had a service an told them about a clicking halfway down clutch travel then again at the bottom of the travel. They fixed middle click but said the bottom click is a suspect master cylinder fault. My car is 08 with 40k miles ? What can I do, is it a common fault and how much will it be if I have to replace it ? Thanks

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
It's a known fault with honda and is a warranty job ring honda uk see what they say as i've known people to have their's replaced for free when the car is out of warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope no extended warranty atleast I don't think so as I have only had the car 2 weeks :( they haven't given me a price as they were only Doing a service, they said its a suspected master cylinder fault ?? Can I fix it my self if they won't through warranty ?

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
Sorry im bad, the clutch squeak what people get is a warranty fix but the click quite a few people have this and there is no known fix some have the master cylinder replaced and its still there i think people just put up with it.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Sorry im bad, the clutch squeak what people get is a warranty fix but the click quite a few people have this and there is no known fix some have the master cylinder replaced and its still there i think people just put up with it.
I deal with it by turning up the stereo ;)

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this at the bottom of the travel ? Just it feels as though something is releasing when it clicks ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Might this clicking noise come from the clutch pedal itself? I've had two clutch pedals replaced under warranty... as soon as they replaced it, clicking noise vanished... couple of weeks/months later, clicking noise came back :(

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Might this clicking noise come from the clutch pedal itself? I've had two clutch pedals replaced under warranty... as soon as they replaced it, clicking noise vanished... couple of weeks/months later, clicking noise came back :(
I'm not sure just gonna get them to figure it out I think. I do get a whining though as I pull off in first ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
doesn't the whinning noise go off when you use the car for a while? At least on mine it does. If I don't use the car for a couple of days, when cold, I get the whinning. But after 1/2 hour of driving, the noise vanishes.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
doesn't the whinning noise go off when you use the car for a while? At least on mine it does. If I don't use the car for a couple of days, when cold, I get the whinning. But after 1/2 hour of driving, the noise vanishes.
No don't think so, its only there when its at biting point and pulling off in first ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeh I would call it at the biting point too... but after a while of using it, the whinning noise kinda vanishes... give it a try and see mate

1 - 18 of 18 Posts