2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a definitive answer on this..I've looked around but I'm not sure which one does exactly what I want.

I'd like an AUX in, so I can connect anything, but also something that'll work with bluetooth and/or Ipod so I can see the track names across the headunit.

I'm open to accepting a parrot system or io play system.

Any ideas?

Sorry if I'm being a bit clueless btw,

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I had the same problem. My ES has the standard head unit (no sat nav) so I went with a Parrot MKi9200. This has Bluetooth + iPod + USB + 3.5mm Jack inputs. Display is through the Parrot screen not the head unit. Alternative is a Double DIN which replaces the standard head unit but you will need a new facia kit as well.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Forgot to say, if you are thinking of a Parrot kit or even a double DIN make sure it will work with your phone before you commit to making the changes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see. The parrot systems, can be controlled with the steering wheel controls?

Seems like it might be the simplest method to getting everything I want.
Do you know any reviews on the IO Play 2? I had heard it was pretty good, but I'm not sure what the best is.

Ideally I'd like something rather minimalist with as little wires as possible etc

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
There is an add on lead / box to allow the parrot kits to operate via the steering controls but I use the standard parrot remote.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts