2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I'm brand new to the forum and also a new Civic owner.
I bought my partners 06 1.8 (new shape) off him last week as he wanted to buy a new merc and my awful awful car was dying fast...
It was a pt cruiser, I lasted 11 months with that rubbish machine!
Yet even that was easier to fit an aux to!

I literally have no idea how to fit a jack or anything to this civic. People tell me its £150-£300 to get a box fitted at the back of the radio for this!
Surely it can't be that big a job? I mean, I'm not desperate for a fancy iPod box that does all the bits and bobs!
An audio jack, as simple as they come, will do me!

Am I going crazy here or is even this a big job for these cars?
If so, anyone know of anyone who can do it for me in south/west Wales for prices that seem a bit more reasonable?

·
mmmm bacon
638 Posts
You can buy a kit off ebay for £40 or so, It's easy enough for a DIY job too, plenty of guides on here you can follow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey kebab legs? Lol
Sorry to be such a noob but do you have links the the kits and directions?
I assume you have done this before your self?
I'm a but unhappy about diy as I had a bash at a few things like lap tops and phones and only seem to get a 50% success rate!
Jo x

·
mmmm bacon
638 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I put the XCarlink in mine, cost about £80 at the time (3 years ago) including Y cable for sat nav, got it fitted within an hour and that was my first attempt at the dash out

Could probably do it in 30 mins now!

·
mmmm bacon
638 Posts
I went with 'el cheapo' yatour. And as such needed to solder a new length of cable into the cable provided in order to reach my desired destination of the arm rest compartment for the box. Probably took me a couple of hours in total. Was the xcarlink as much of a potch to install?

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
No mate, plug and play with the y cable, i then drilled a hole in the drinks holder bit and now my ipod sits proudly in there :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone.
I have the non sat nav version so should be easier for me.
Still a bit scared to try it, if anyone has done it with success near cross hands I wouldn't mind borrowing you lol!

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Even if your still not confident (and let me tell you even with the guides I was still too afraid to take the dash apart) a competent local mechanic should be able to do it easily for you. I got mine to fit my xcarlink and I'm delighted with it - like u said, a simple aux port.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I bought the connects2 kit from ebay. Was simple to fit with using a video step by step how to remove the sterio i found on youtube. I have taken the ashtray out and drilled a hole to feed the 3.5mm jack to sit in the center compartment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yatour kit compatability

Hi
I've just bought a Civic 58 reg with factory fit sat nav.

Will be fitting a reversing camera to it, and while the dash is apart, was hoping i might also be able to fit the Yatour kit.

Can anyone advise if i would be able to fit both of these to the car, i assume using a Y cable?
Being totally new to the Civic, i was hoping to find out wether this would work, before buying the Yatour and the extra cable.
Many thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts