2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how best to disguise a scratch on the paintwork. I went for the Nighthawk Black for my EX 1.8

Some nutter of a woman walked past my car with her handbag zip and ive now got a 2 inch scratch near my door handle on the drivers side.

Also just noticed today, there is a really deep scratch on the inside of the back passengers side door frame by the step, not sure how that could happen unless, one of my friends scraped it with her heel or something.

So I need help on how best to cover up the stratches.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I think T-Cut is meant to be good for minor stuff. Otherwise, it'd be a body shop, or one of these mobile vans that come out and touch up your paintwork (so to speak).

·
您看了
456 Posts
Dont use T-Cut :!:

Get hold of some Scratch-X by Meguiears (sp?). It will remove light scratches and help disguise heavier ones. But if the scratch is that bad I would contact someone like "Chips Away". They usually offer a free quotation service where they come and assess the car and give you a no obligation fixed price for the repair.

T-Cut does not work well on clear coated paints and was originally developed for gloss coats. I would put it near your paint unless you are EXTREMELY good at re-polishing to a shine.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Consider me told - never needed to use it, and people always say its decent.??!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Take it to your local paint shop, I had a bumper rub on my old car, they sorted it out for £50. Had to leave it overnight.

·
您看了
456 Posts
gissing said:
Consider me told - never needed to use it, and people always say its decent.??!
:lol:

(Bill & Ted mode on) Saved your life dude!!! (Bill & Ted mode off)

:lol:

The Meg's Scratch-X wactually removes surface swirls as well, so well worht investing in some.

ps. I almost used T-cut myself on a newer paint job a couple of cars ago and got chastised by a neighbour who worked in a paint shop. always stuck by his advice since.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Can I just echo the 'dont use T-cut' message!

I used it on mine to get out a light scratch on my Nighthawk Black - might as well have used sand paper. The Scratchx is apparently really good but I used the Auto Glym Ultra Deep Shine and its excellent too!! Don't have to use a lot of pressure either!!! Don't use it in the circular motion it tells you to though - use it left to right - you get much better results that way!!!

Try here for top quality advice!

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/index.php

J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts