2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new to the site n new to honda! I need some advice please! I purchased an 06 ivtec ex a few days ago and have been trying to use the voice activated controls and hands free pairing device! Do i need to set anything or should the voice controls work automatically? Ive been pressing the talk button n waiting for the beep before giving a command but it just tells me to repeat or say again! It doesnt recognise any of the commands in the handbook and the hands free button doesnt even beep! Am i doing something wrong or is the microphone likely to b faulty or do i need to set my voice before it is recognised? Totally lost! Any help would b much appreciated! Thanks x

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Sounds like maybe a mic fault. Try pressing talk, wait for beep and say 'setup' or 'help' very clearly.

It doesn't need to learn your voice or anything. You just have to be clear

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Hi im new to the site n new to honda! I need some advice please! I purchased an 06 ivtec ex a few days ago and have been trying to use the voice activated controls and hands free pairing device! Do i need to set anything or should the voice controls work automatically? Ive been pressing the talk button n waiting for the beep before giving a command but it just tells me to repeat or say again! It doesnt recognise any of the commands in the handbook and the hands free button doesnt even beep! Am i doing something wrong or is the microphone likely to b faulty or do i need to set my voice before it is recognised? Totally lost! Any help would b much appreciated! Thanks x
not sure mate, i still have problems trying to get the lady to understand me (possibly because of the weegie accent though!) do a search on here buddy, thats what i had to do as the handbook doesnt really make sense regarding pairing phones!

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
One of the more simple commands is just the word "Time". I know the manual says "What is the time" but Time is the keyword it's listening for.

From your description it does sound as if the mic has failed, espcecially if you've tried this stationary with no excessive background noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts