2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Civic Type R
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum goers,

I've recently noticed strange behaviour with my fn2 on startup and have also had my first failed start in my ownership (bought in 2013). As it goes, I switch on the ignition, press and hold start and the car goes into a rough idle around 900 rpm (I think) for a very short period before going to the normal 1500 ish rpm cold start. This only happens on a cold start, i.e. in the morning before work and leaving work in the evening.

On one occasion I had left work and driven to the nearby shops before my return home, where the same issue occurred. But on start up from the shops just the starter motor span, no cylinder firing. So I let it sit for 30 seconds or so then tried again for it start rough around 5-600 rpm so I had to give it a blip on the throttle to get it to arrive at normal idle.

I've had a quick nosy on here at possible issues but they stem from fiddling with the clutch which I haven't touched. Could it be a sticky throttle body with the weather being icy cold?

·
Premium Member
2008 Civic Type R
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've had a further read that suggests it could be down to the fuel pump not priming on ignition (bad earth or faulty relay). I listened carefully for the fuel pump priming after work today and noticed it was very short, so instead of hitting start I turned it off. I turned it back on again to hear a similar thing but hit start and it fired up normally. I'll give this a go again in the morning and see what the outcome is but I'm fairly sure it has something to do with the pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts