2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Quick intro - new owner of a great Honda (first time) and more importantly I am enjoying the engine of a brilliant Civic 1.8 Vtec.
However, on "light" throttle application in gears 2,3 and 4 I appear to feel slight hesitation and almost a millisecond or two of no power - Leaving roundabouts and the like?
I know there are loads of 2.2 diesel guys out there but if there are any 1.8 Vtec owners out there that can put my mind at rest it'd be very much appreciated.
Thanks. :confused:

·
Registered
83 Posts
hesitate

hi i have the same with my 1.8 type s its brand new only done 700 miles i was thinking of taking it back about this issue. im also getting a whine from gearbox when warm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi i have the same with my 1.8 type s its brand new only done 700 miles i was thinking of taking it back about this issue. im also getting a whine from gearbox when warm.
Kinda good to know someone else is having the same issue, but at the same time it's a pain in the backside - especially on cars that have little to no mileage on them!
I wonder if there are others who can advise on what may be causing it? I know if I take it to my local Honda Dealer the're likely to say its fine and cant find anything wrong with it

·
Registered
720 Posts
Quoting from VTEC: - Civinfo Wiki
When the VTEC system jumps cams and opens the throttle, you can sometimes feel it as a slight stutter, or hesitation. Many owners complain about this, but it's the price paid for economy on the 1.8. Software updates may reduce the effect, but probably never get rid of it (since there is such a big change in the way the engine is working, and it takes time to make the change).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts