2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Civic Fans,

My wife is looking to buy me a new mobile phone for Christmas to use in the car when I get it in March 2007. We are being given conflicting advice around how the system works and what phones to buy.
Some people have told us that the sim card has to be removed and inserted into the car in some way. I have also been told that the phone has to sit in a cradle with pins to connect, but the set up of the pins system relates only to certain model phones.
Can someone who actually has a new Civic and Bluetooth system set up and running please advise.
What phones are working on the system, so I know at least these specific phones will work.
I have also been reading about this parrot system, do I need to consider this when buying a phone?
Thank you for your help
Kerry

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
If your phone is supported it connects by bluetooth no cradle phone can stay in pocket etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Most bluetooth phones are supported. However handbook gives incorrect set up instructions. This may have been corrected by now.
Much easier than using any connectors and works well (ish) at low speeds but at motorway speeds although you can hear conversation microphone in car is on passenger side so people can't hear you so well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can confirm that Motorolla Pebl, Nokia N93 and samsung X820 work. Can set it up for multiple phone use (not at the same time of course :) ) works like a dream apart from the mic problem. But there is plenty of info on hear to help sort that.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
with the HFT mic fix (DIY or dealer), it all works very well for me :D

Sometime need to raise my voice a bit, but generally not to shouting levels.

Voice recognition when making a call is pretty good, it (so far) has only mis-heard my numbers a couple of times (in 4 months), although the first time I use it each day it insists my 'redial' is me saying 'star seven one'.
hardly the biggest problem in the world - it always gets it righ on a second attempt (and then on until the next day).

As mentioned, you can have several (4 or 5?) phones paired with the car, which is great if you both drive it.
And it's easy to swap between which one is active - saying 'next' causes the car to search for the next available paired phone if you're both in the car with your phones turned on.

Nokia 6230i definately works, as does a Samsung D900 :D

Some phones (D900) take a bit more effort to set up initially (you have to connect the first time, then set the connection to auto authorise), but it's a one off extra 30 seconds of fiddling with the phone so just something to be aware of rather than a problem :)

HTH! :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nokia 6670 (superseded by 6680, I think) works brilliantly, and also fits snugly in the ashtray. If you need to charge it, put it in the ashtray upside down!

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
I have to buy a new phone now as well as the civic!!! my phone is not compatible with the HFT. My phone is a Samsung D600

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a Luddite when it comes to modern communication technology but I paired my Motorola L6 following the instructions in the manual for my 07' EX within a couple of minutes.
It works well, even when the phone is in the pocket of my jacket thrown on the back seat of the car.:D

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I replaced mt Nokia 6680 (A bit of a niggle with the HFT) to a N73 yesterday. The N73 works like a dream!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you

Thanks for your help and suggestions, I am now hot on the trail of some of the phones mentioned.
Regards
Kerry
:D

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,181 Posts
hi have the nokia 8800, n91 & 6230. i can even switch between phones by pressing the handset button, then say next phone, it searches for the next phone, this can be done for up to 6 phones, so i have a few to go yet.

it will not display whos calling or display texts on the screen, but it is a good system and i havent experienced any problems with the system so far.

it stores your numbers in the car, which you have to program in manualy up to 50 only.,good points and bad point to this idea, but on the whole its all good.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Well done Honda for such a useful web-site, the Parrot site in comparison doesn't have that level of information.

The Blackberry is the only phone shown on the list which supports all features.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
well i will have to try it when i actually get the car. Perhaps there list of compatible phones isnt upto date.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
just did a search and it appears that phone does work with the HFT.

Why didnt think of doing a search before!!!!!!!!!

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Every Nokia with BT works with the car, most recent N80 and now N73, plus they both sit quite nicely in the door handle area.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nokia N70 works well. Subject to HFT fix - my microphone is dangling loose in its slot at the moment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts