2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently brought a 2009 2.2 EX with built in sat nav and Honda's voice voice controlled hands free telephone.

After buying the car I discovered the HFT is locked out with a password, and the previous owner had never used the kit the therefore didn't know the pin.
I understand a Honda dealer can reset this for me.

I'm also interested in adding an aux in connection and was looking at a xcarlink for this.

I then stumbled upon this howto:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/59344-parrot-mki9200-honda-civic-5d-tight-installation.html

I have a MKi9200 kit from a previous car so am wondering if this is a better option than, unlocking the honda HFT and buying a xcarlink?

This how to was written about a car without sat nav so i have a few questions about this installation in a satnav car.

1. How do I disconnect the Honda HFT?

2. from what I've read in the wiki the connections of the rear of the head unit should be the same as a none satnav car.

3. do I need to dismantle the stereo and solder the internal jumpers to enable the aux in connection?

any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers I'll give it a go.

Going to try connecting the parrot kit via the Aux in. Just waiting on a sot lead which I can hopefully cut up and use to wire into the B connector on the head unit

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts