2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAS ANY ONE EXPERIENCED THAT WHEN USING THE HFT ABOVE 30 MPH THE PERSON
ON THE OTHER END CANT HEAR YOU AND YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR HEAD IS IN A BUCKET ??

·
Registered
345 Posts
Owch I've gone deaf :eek:

Velocity :lol:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
hondaman said:
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE HONDA HAVE NOW RELEASED A MOD FOR THE
HANDSFREE BEING NOISEY.
:lol:
Its an amazing piece of Engineering. Bloody works though, so who cares, I had mine done last week by Honda (thanks again!!) at Langley. I have even been asked by people if I am using the handset or the HFT.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I don't get my EX until October, I wonder if the fix will be applied at the factory or if I will have to get the dealer to apply the fix? :?

Velocity :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Fix is free. They lower the mic and put a little piece of sponge in there. Works fine now.:D

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Fix is free. They lower the mic and put a little piece of sponge in there. Works fine now.:D
They only put foam over the mic on mine, to decrease the gap between the mic and the grill it sits behind. Crude, but effective.

·
Registered
67 Posts
How can I tell?

I picked up my new 1.8 EX yesterday :)D). I've not managed to get my phone paired yet, but the voice command recognition is terrible - it takes 5-10 seconds to get things wrong. I assume this means that the fix wasn't put in place proactively.

Is there a definitive way of telling what the status is, how bad does it get? How easy is it to open up the panel?

Ta!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Why not take it straight back to the dealer and get them to fix it while you wait? It only takes a few minutes, and still in warranty should anything happen later or it doesn't work properly.;)

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I picked up my new 1.8 EX yesterday :)D). I've not managed to get my phone paired yet, but the voice command recognition is terrible - it takes 5-10 seconds to get things wrong. I assume this means that the fix wasn't put in place proactively.

Is there a definitive way of telling what the status is, how bad does it get? How easy is it to open up the panel?

Ta!
One thing I have used and have seen quoted on here is to use the voice command "what time is it" and see how long before you get a response, try it from the drivers seat with a normal voice, then perhaps try it leaning over aiming at the mic, see if there is a difference. There is a picture posted of the fix on mine http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=573&page=5 its about 4 posts down on that page.

Allan, can you get a picture of yours?

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Its worse than the fix they did on mine.:D :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's hidden so I would not mind so much. Just as long as the missus can hear me without having to shout!

·
Registered
382 Posts
the voice command recognition is terrible - it takes 5-10 seconds to get things wrong. I assume this means that the fix wasn't put in place proactively.
Ta!
I'm not sure whether you can tell straight away with the voice commends if the mic is working because it does take a while to learn your voice (well it did for my Yorkshire accent).

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm not sure whether you can tell straight away with the voice commends if the mic is working because it does take a while to learn your voice (well it did for my Yorkshire accent).
I'll give it a go, or at least I'll pair my phone & call my voicemail at speed.

However, how do you train it? Surely without any feedback from you that it's got the words right, or not, it can't train itself ...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts