2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I changed my phone to a Samsung S5 I have been experiencing problems with my connection dropping and then reconnecting with the cars HFT. I never had this problem with my iPhone 4s so I guess it must be some kind of compatibility issue.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it? Perhaps the phone software or chip is too new for the car? Some calls are fine but not many so it can't be completely incompatible.

Is there anyway I can update the software on HFT device?

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
No problems here with LG G3 or HTC Sensation. Have you Googled S5 for BT issues?

I don't think you can do apply any updates to the HFT.

What year/model is your car?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I also have problems with my S5 and the HFT. I can't even pair the phone.
HFT ask for 4 digits code, accept what I am saying, tells "searching for bluetooth devices " and that's it. Nothing happens on the phone. ..

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Have you got wifi turned on? There's a few issues running bluetooth and wifi on some samsungs on the last few versions of android... I have an s4 mini and it won't maintain a bluetooth connection to the car or an unrelated bluetooth speaker if wifi is on. Turn wifi off, no problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, it's a 2007 2.2 CDTI. I've been googling like mad and it appears to be quite a common problem. I think it might be more phone related than car but I'm vouching at straws.

·
Registered
71 Posts
BillB is your phone (s5) with its original firmware? Because my is rooted and I wondered could be this the problem in my case...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Original firmware. I upgraded to lollipop 5.0.2 recently. The issue was there before and after.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts